During the last round match of the ICC Champions Trophy, Australia’s Ricky Ponting, completed his 1000 ODI runs on Indian soil, when he 33 during his innings of 58. He became only the fifth non-Indian batsman to do so after Aravinda de Silva (1438 runs in 37 matches), Arjuna Ranatunga (1160 in 39), Michael Bevan (1018 in 28) and Carl Hooper (1008 in 31). The following table lists highest foreign run-getters on Indian soil.
More on:Aravinda de Silva, Arjuna Ranatunga, Australia, Carl Hooper, Champions Trophy, India, Michael Bevan, Ricky Ponting
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, October 31st, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Most Ducks in ODI’s »
Next Post: Gilchrist completes 400 ODI dismissals »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Foreign Teams Now Reluctant to Go to India
- Tait hit by new injury setback
- Yuvraj primed for Test comeback
- ECB confirm West Indies visit
- Wrist complaint won’t stop Ponting
- Full-strength England head to Abu Dhabi
- Ease Tension Through Cricket
- Watson could return against South Africa
- South Africa regain second place
- Chennai and Mohali to host Tests