The vicissitudes of time have come full circle. There was a time, when Mohammad Asif was the bowler of choice for Pakistan Cricket Board, and they left out Shoaib Akhtar, and prefered Mohammad Asif over him, and that happened in the heat of the previous doping scandal.
As the new doping scandal has unfolded steadily, it has learned that the seemingly innocent but acutally willy Mohammad Asif is also an addict, and even he was given room by PCB and the sports fan when he was arrested on Dubai airport, and PCB went many extra miles from him.
But now as the Indian Premier League has exploded the bomb of Asif’s positive doping test, heat is on Asif, and even PCB has left him in the cold.
Ramiz Raja is bang on target, when he said that, “It is a very unfortunate situation and Pakistan cricket is in the headlines for the wrong reasons. Asif should not have been that careless and the PCB should have nipped the evil in the bud when it happened in 2006.”
Now Asif is reaching out to the lawyers, and he thinks that like Shoaib Akhtar he would somehow also get the relief.More on:Dubai, Indian Premier League, Mohammad Asif, Pakistan Cricket Board, Ramiz Raja, Shoaib Akhtar
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Curtains for Asif »
Next Post: Shoaib Malik SommerSaults »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad’s First Assignment
- India’s Reluctance to Tour Pakistan
- Miandad’s Welcome Appointment
- Sidebottom sent for back scan
- ICC fact-finding mission arrives in Zimbabwe
- India tour on schedule - PCB
- South Africa must show aggressive intent
- No change to England dates - Modi
- Symonds in a great place at the moment - Clarke
- BCCI wants Test dates changed for Champions League