India will be without the services of opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who will be attending his sister’s wedding, for the third Test against Sri Lanka in Mumbai. Gambhir has been in prime form in this series with centuries in each of the two Tests.
Gambhir’s spot is likely to be taken by M Vijay, the Tamil Nadu opener. Vijay made his debut against Australia in Nagpur last year, when Gambhir was banned for a Test for an altercation with Shane Watson. The rest of the squad, which was initially picked for the first two Tests, has been retained with no additional replacements. The final Test of the series begins at the Brabourne Stadium on December 2.
India squad for third Test: MS Dhoni (capt), Rahul Dravid, Harbhajan Singh, VVS Laxman, Sachin Tendulkar, Pragyan Ojha, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Virender Sehwag, Amit Mishra, Yuvraj Singh, Ishant Sharma, M Vijay, S Badrinath.
Image Source: Cricinfo
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, November 28th, 2009 and is filed under Cricket, General.
Previous Post: Gayle not surprised by lack of interest in Tests »
Next Post: India record 100th win in style »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Sreesanth included in India’s limited-overs squads
- Alviro Petersen, Ryan McLaren and Friedel de Wet called up
- Garner urges Windies rebranding
- Pakistan under pressure in special rivalry
- Dilshan and Mathews lift Sri Lanka
- Injured Bond out of Test series
- India go for first rank, SL for first win in India
- Steyn doubtful for final one-dayer
- Hosts could enjoy home advantage in knockout games
- Pietersen form not a worry - Flower