Notwithstanding India’s dismal show in the cricket World Cup, Sourav Ganguly was cheered by fans on his return here on Friday. Ganguly however refused to take questions from media persons. In a sharp contrast to the frosty reception received by other members of the Indian team on their return, Ganguly was greeted by shouts of ‘Maharaj (Prince) Zindabad’ and ‘Sourav Zindabad’. Fans tried to approach Ganguly who smiled and waved to them. A large number of security personnel were present at the airport. A police picket has also been posted at Ganguly’s Behala residence.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, March 31st, 2007 and is filed under Cricket Stars.
Previous Post: Scotland World Cup 2007 averages »
Next Post: Wicket-smashing Peterson gets ICC rap »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Olympic cricket is inevitable - Ponting
- India warm-up not ideal - Johnson
- Cramped itinerary for New Zealand tour
- Harmison confirms his exile is over
- Wounded South Africa seek a comeback
- Sri Lanka look to revive batting form
- Enver Baig for Another Fight
- I didn’t want captaincy without Woolmer - Younis
- Broad inspires crushing English win
- Rain forces match into reserve day