Four Pakistan ‘A’ cricketers have been penalised $300 each for visiting Dubai from Abu Dhabi without permission on the eve of the EurAsia Series final against India ‘A’ May 5.
Captain Hasan Raza, Taufeeq Umar, Misbah-ul-Haq and Zulqarnain Haider have each been slapped one-day’s earning, or $300, by the team manager, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said in a statement here.
PCB also decided to reprimand the four players. All four will be free to continue playing domestic cricket.
The board, however, absolved the players of the charges of speeding on the Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway hours before they played India ‘A’ and defeated them by 36 runs in the final at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
‘No blame can be attached to the players who were passengers travelling in a car whose driver was detained for speeding,’ said PCB.
‘The players were detained because they were not carrying their visas with them and were released immediately after the manager presented copies of their visa documents,’ the PCB statement added.
Source:India SportsMore on:Abu Dhabi, Eurasia Cup, Pakistan A
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Friday, May 19th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: No surprises expected in Pakistan squad for England »
Next Post: Pace-dominated preliminary squad named for England »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Harmison inspired by axing - Gibson
- ICC allows batting team to choose one Powerplay
- Ponting still open to pact on catches
- Gough in talks with IPL
- Championship shows it can survive new age
- Series more than about senior players’ form - Tendulkar
- Shah wins place in tour squad
- West Indies Also Recoils From Pakistan
- van Jaarsveld named PCA Player of the Year
- Atleast Kenya Wants to Visit Pakistan