Sanath Jayasuriya and Upal Tharangaâ€™s stunning assault made a mockery of the huge English total, reaching the target with 75 balls and 8 wkts to spare. This is easily the quickest victory by a side in terms of balls faced in pursuit of 300 or more runs. The previous best was of 16 balls by England against Pakistan in October 2000.
Sri Lankaâ€™s in 37.3 overs at 8.64 runs per over is also the second highest scoring rate by any side chasing a target of 300 runs or more. The best still remains of 8.79 in the epic encounter of South Africa and Australia. For readerâ€™s interest the accompanying tables have the complete details.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, July 3rd, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Jayawardene, Malinga top series averages »
Next Post: Pakistan may not need replacement for Rana »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Toothless Tigers Crumble At Karachi
- Batting giants prepare for final onslaught
- Gayle Apologises To West Indies Fans
- Australia snatch win in final-ball thriller
- Lawson’s Future
- Zimbabwe pull out of World Twenty20
- Frustrated Watson Lashes Out
- England Remain Unchanged
- Dhoni Leads From the Front
- ODI Tons In 60 Deliveries Or Less