India beat England by 9 wickets in the 2nd test match at Nagpur. Muanf Patel and Anil Kumblee rocked England in second innings as they took 8 wickets between them for 95 runs. Incidentally the duo took 8 wickets in the first innings as well. Munaf was tremendous as a debutant, shining in second innings with his 4 wickets for 25 runs, overall getting 7 wickets for 97 runs. Patel’s 7 for 97 is the best performance by an Indian fast bowler on debut, beating Abid Ali’s 7 for 116 against Australia at Adelaide.
CricInfo has interesting statistics of Munaf’s bowling in second innings:
More on:Anil Kumblee, England in India 2006, Munaf Patel
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, March 13th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: South Africa won the greatest cricket game (so far) »
Next Post: Pieterson fined 30 percent match fee for dissent »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Australia in India 2008-09 Kumble slams media sensationalism
- ICC finalises dates for 2009 Champions Trophy
- Pakistan Flopped Again
- Well Done Shoaib Khan
- Former Cricketers Should Support Ijaz Butt
- 2008 honda civic
- Bangladesh eye chance to make history
- ICC set to confirm Champions Trophy dates
- Morris concerned over IPL dominance
- Jayasuriya, Mendis and Shoaib Akhtar hand Sri Lanka T20 title