India beat England by 9 wickets in the 2nd test match at Nagpur. Muanf Patel and Anil Kumblee rocked England in second innings as they took 8 wickets between them for 95 runs. Incidentally the duo took 8 wickets in the first innings as well. Munaf was tremendous as a debutant, shining in second innings with his 4 wickets for 25 runs, overall getting 7 wickets for 97 runs. Patel’s 7 for 97 is the best performance by an Indian fast bowler on debut, beating Abid Ali’s 7 for 116 against Australia at Adelaide.
CricInfo has interesting statistics of Munaf’s bowling in second innings:
More on:Anil Kumblee, England in India 2006, Munaf Patel
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, March 13th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: South Africa won the greatest cricket game (so far) »
Next Post: Pieterson fined 30 percent match fee for dissent »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Toothless Tigers Crumble At Karachi
- Batting giants prepare for final onslaught
- Gayle Apologises To West Indies Fans
- Australia snatch win in final-ball thriller
- Lawson’s Future
- Zimbabwe pull out of World Twenty20
- Frustrated Watson Lashes Out
- England Remain Unchanged
- Dhoni Leads From the Front
- ODI Tons In 60 Deliveries Or Less