England are hopeful that Andrew Flintoff will be available for the sixth ODI against India, at The Oval, on Wednesday after he was ruled out of the fifth match here at Headingley with a sore left ankle.
However, there was another injury scare for England when Ravi Bopara took a blow on his right thumb as he missed a return catch during India�s innings.
Gautam Gambhir drove the ball low at Bopara, who immediately left the field one ball into his second over and went to hospital for x-rays where a dislocation and minor fracture was confirmed.
Flintoff is expected to rejoin the England squad for training at The Oval on Tuesday. If Flintoff�s problem persists and Bopara is ruled out of the rest of the current series, it would put both players in doubt for the T20 World Cup.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Andrew Flintoff, england, India in England 2007
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, September 3rd, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Trescothick reveals mental torment »
Next Post: Ponting in doubt for Twenty20 »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act
- Tri-series plans still in the air
- Lee set to return for India tour
- Pollock’s role yet to be filled - Smith
- Shoaib Akhtar Pleads with London Authorities
- Marsh guides Australia to easy win
- 4-0 to England after Cardiff washout