England have dropped wicketkeeper Geraint Jones for the fourth Ashes test against Australia starting at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Tuesday.Jones was replaced by Chris Read in the only change to the team that lost last week’s third test in Perth by 206 runs to concede the Ashes.
Australia have yet to finalise their starting 11 but did retain the same 12-man squad that won the last match to wrap up the series with two games to go.
Read, 28, has played just 13 tests for England since making his debut more than seven years ago but got his chance after Jones made a pair of ducks in Perth.
Australia - Ricky Ponting (captain), Justin Langer, Matthew Hayden, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Glenn McGrath, Mitchell Johnson (12th man to be named).
England: Andrew Flintoff (captain), Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood, Kevin Pietersen, Geraint Jones, Chris Read, Sajid Mahmood, Matthew Hoggard, Steve Harmison, Monty Panesar, James Anderson (12th man).
Umpires: Aleem Dar (Pakistan), Rudi Koertzen (South Africa)
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Ashes, Australia, england, Geraint Jones
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Australia seek Ashes sweep to honour Warne and McGrath »
Next Post: Irfan, the falling star, told to go home, work on lost shine »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Haddin arrives with 169 as Australia rule
- Thankfully Indian Tour is Still On
- Game Should Be Binding Them
- Miandad stresses need for coaching
- Mohali emerges as alternative venue
- Zimbabwe choke again to gift Sri Lanka whitewash
- Lee floors overawed New Zealand to seal series win
- ICL players believe cricket will bind Indo-Pak together
- India’s Pakistan tour in doubt
- Hussey and Ponting set up Australia control in second Test