The IPL has released the final list of 43 players who will be up for auction in Goa on February 6, with Kevin Pietersen commanding the highest base price at $1.35 million. Michael Clarke and Andrew Flintoff are second and third with base prices of $1 million and $950,000 respectively.
The new list has only 43 players - the original had 111 - and includes 15 from Australia, four from Bangladesh, seven from England, three from New Zealand, five from South Africa, four from Sri Lanka, and five from West Indies.
South Africa’s JP Duminy has a base price of $300,000, the highest for South Africa, while Kyle Mills’ $150,000 is the best for New Zealand. Each franchise has a maximum of US$2 million to spend on their overseas signings in the auction.
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 and is filed under Cricket, General.
Previous Post: Waugh questions Ponting rest plan »
Next Post: Haddin calls cheat claims poor and low »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- South Africa square the series in style
- Shakib and Shahadat leave India reeling
- Pakistan shaky as Australia’s fast men fire
- Yousuf upset over Younis delay
- 66 overseas players in final IPL auction list
- Back injury rules out MS Dhoni
- England on the ropes after South Africa declaration
- Australia extend lead to 277 after Butt ton
- Morkel and Steyn rout England for 180
- Ponting voted Player of the Decade