World Anti Doping Agency is one of the most redoubtable boogie for Pakistani speedster Shoaib Akhtar, who has been caught in the act by them and have been duly punished and defamed.
As the WADA is voluntarily invited by the administration of Indian Premier League (IPL), some players including Shoaib Akhtar have some serious greviances, and Shoaib has even gone on to term it a plea to net him.
In the first phase of their adventure, WADA has collected samples from couple of IPL teams. Bangalore Royal Challengers as well as Team Jaipur have been tested for the doping,a and the Rajasthan Cricket Association confirmed that samples of players from both teams by the WADA.
Shane Warne showed his reservations, and has also voiced his disapproval in the media. He was of the opinion that as IPL was not an international event, so there was no point in conducting such test.More on:Bangalore Royal Challengers, IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, shane warne, Shoaib Akhtar, WADA
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: IPL clears deck, SRK can cheer from dug-out »
Next Post: Yusuf powers Rajasthan into semi-finals »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- No-nonsense Taskmaster of PCB
- Ponting century sets up Australia
- Bangladesh maul sorry New Zealand
- Bangladesh aim for another upset
- Stanford match to go ahead as scheduled
- West Indies Gives a Shocker
- Reuters suspends coverage of Australia tour
- Sri Lanka told to release IPL players from England
- PCB Tremors
- Balanced bowling gives India the edge