Was Shane Warne asked to submit sample for the testing of banned substances here on Saturday? According to sources, the Jaipur skipper could have been among the first group of players in the IPL who were asked to submit their sample. No one would confirm that, though.
No one, however, seemed to know who the players were. Warne himself, would not confirm anything, although he said it was a routine thing. “These thing are part of the game,” he said. “There are always a few tests happening and there’s nothing surprising about that. I wouldn’t be surprised if I am asked to submit a sample for dope testing.”
When asked whether some players of Team Jaipur had been asked to submit samples, Warne said: “I think I have already answered that one.” Sources in the Rajasthan Cricket Association confirmed that samples of players from both teams, Bangalore Royal Challengers as well as Team Jaipur, had been collected by the WADA team.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:IPL, Jaipur, Rajasthan Royals, shane warne, WADA
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, May 19th, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Vaughan rescues England as draw beckons »
Next Post: ICC security experts arrive »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Australia cling to No. 1 Test spot after Sydney wi
- Guptill replaces How for last two ODIs
- Australia win despite Smith’s gutsy return
- Hayden dropped from one-day squads
- Pietersen walks as Strauss steps up
- Miandad Not Too Happy
- Vettori and Taylor help New Zealand draw level
- Ponting tempts SA to chase another miracle
- Malik ready to guide team to top
- Shoaib and Kaneria earn top contracts