Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary has said in a remarkable statement that India sees no problem in hosting the Champion’s Trophy, and there is not much serious problem of security of Pakistan, and it would be good for cricket to have such a resilient attitude to play in not so cozy environment, and it would only add to the flair and the thrill of the game.
Tony Irish, the chief executive of the South Africa Cricketers’ Association (SACA) is hoping now publicly that International Cricket Council would surely move the venue from Pakistan to South Africa, and he has also said that many players from South Africa are not willing to go to Pakistan for the prestigious tournament.
Whereas Pakistan Cricket Board is pulling every string to win the tournament. Shafqat Naghmi of PCB is sure that Pakistan will be retained as the event’s venue following today’s teleconference among the representatives of the ten Test-playing nations in Dubai. A 7-3 vote is needed for the relocation of the Champions Trophy, which would become impossible if the so-called Asia bloc that also includes Sri Lanka and Bangladesh support Pakistan.
There is fifty fifty chance that Pakistan would get or not get the tournament.More on:Asia, Bangladesh, BCCI, Champion's Trophy, India, Niranjan Shah, Pakistan, Shafqat Naghmi, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tony Irish
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, July 24th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: ICC Goes Other Way on Champions Trophy »
Next Post: Champion’s Trophy is Here »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Zimbabwe board investigates Taibu row
- Vettori expects nothing less than victory
- Yuvraj and Jaffer shine in draw
- Either Krejza or White will debut - Ponting
- Michael Vaughan takes up media role
- Hong Kong beat Italy in clash of favourites
- Sri Lanka eye tournament as preparation for World Twenty20
- Ashes more important than Stanford - Harmison
- Cameron White named as McGain’s replacement
- Mushtaq for ICL-IPL playoff