Australia’s pace spearhead Brett Lee has said India deserved all the credit for winning the Perth cricket Test but he also mentioned that the home side did not play its complete game for a victory.
“(In Perth) they bowled well, definitely, we have to give credit to India, they played extremely well, we probably didn’t get the runs we wanted to, I thought we bowled very well in different parts but it wasn’t the Australian complete game that we’re used to,” Lee said.
Lee, who picked six top order wickets at Perth including Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman in each innings, refused to accept suggestions that the defeat indicated downslide for Australia. “The way we’ve been playing recently, we’ve lost one Test out of 17, so I think we’ve had a pretty good effort, it’s great for world cricket, the Australian team was beaten last week, so be it, we can put that behind us now and focus again,” he said.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:Australia, Brett Lee, India, India in Australia 2007, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Adelaide wicket will take turn »
Next Post: Harbhajan set for Adelaide return »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Australia cling to No. 1 Test spot after Sydney wi
- Guptill replaces How for last two ODIs
- Australia win despite Smith’s gutsy return
- Hayden dropped from one-day squads
- Pietersen walks as Strauss steps up
- Miandad Not Too Happy
- Vettori and Taylor help New Zealand draw level
- Ponting tempts SA to chase another miracle
- Malik ready to guide team to top
- Shoaib and Kaneria earn top contracts