The Indian and Pakistani cricket teams are not likely to get practice sessions before their third one-dayer on November 11 as the revised match schedule will see them land here only an evening before the game.
India and Pakistan are slated to play the third ODI here at the renovated Green Park stadium. Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association (UPCA) director Jyoti Bajpai said the teams were originally scheduled to reach here on November 9, which happens to be Diwali but a last minute change to the itinerary has delayed the arrival to the evening of November 10.
“Both the teams will reach Lucknow at 1500 hrs and will travel by road to Kanpur, which would take another couple of hours. If they want they can practice for some time in the evening. The next morning it would be match day,” Bajpai said.
Meanwhile, the Indian squad for the forthcoming one-day series against old rivals Pakistan is to be chosen by the Indian selectors during the N K P Challenger Series in Ahmedabad. “The selectors would choose the team on October 26-27 at Ahmedabad during the Challenger Series,” Indian cricket board secretary Niranjan Shah said here.
Source:Cricket NewsMore on:India, Pakistan, Pakistan in India 2007
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Sunday, October 21st, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Harmison must tour Sri Lanka, says Gough »
Next Post: Pakistan fined for slow play »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Just what is it with the West Indies Cricket Board?
- Zimbabwe win bowl-out after tie
- India fightback slows Australia’s victory bid
- Record-breaking O’Brien leaves Kenya floundering
- SLC-BCCI deal quite unacceptable - Morgan
- Sri Lanka made to sweat by Cheema
- Afridi keen to open batting in Toronto
- Aim to Shine Ijaz Butt
- Lawson aims to complete two-year term as Pakistan coach
- Ganguly denies controversial comments in Bengali daily