The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has managed to find sponsors for India’s three-match series against South Africa in Ireland in June, a top BCCI official said on Saturday.
India are to play a series of three ODIs against South Africa in Belfast, as part of the BCCI’s off-shore venture, after taking on the host in a One-dayer on June 23. The matches against South Africa have been scheduled for June 26, 29 and July 1.
Modi said the BCCI approached the companies “directly” after their tender process failed to evoke a response.
“We issued a tender but there was no response. So, we went to the sponsors directly,” he said. “We have a few companies interested. Two sponsors want the whole stadium and a lot others who want smaller pieces. We hope to finalise the deal by Wednesday,” he added.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, May 21st, 2007 and is filed under General, Cricket.
Previous Post: Afridi bowls Pakistan to series win »
Next Post: Shoaib asked to prove match fitness »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Questions remain over ECB offer to Zimbabwe
- Kumble upbeat ahead of Australia tour
- Shoaib Malik’s Captaincy
- Dilshan replaces Mubarak for final Test
- Pakistan board backs Malik
- Disappointing Tait controversy spurred us: Australia captain
- Ponting ton helps Australia to early honours
- India neck and neck with South Africa
- Cricket Australia wants to introduce day-night Test matches
- Ponting desperate to regain Chappell-Hadlee Trophy