Bangladesh batsman Shahriar Nafees has been fined 20 percent of his match fee for dissent after being dismissed in the third one-dayer with Australia.
Nafees reacted angrily after being given out lbw en route to the hosts nine-wicket defeat in Fatullah.
He shook his head and gestured with his bat towards the Bangladesh dressing room as he left the field.
“The player admitted what he had done was wrong and I took this, together with his previously exemplary conduct, into account,” match referee Jeff Crowe said in a statement.
“However, it is important to show that dissent of any sort at an umpire’s decision is unacceptable and the player’s punishment for his actions illustrates that fact.”
Australia won the series 3-0.
Source: Rediff.comMore on:Australia, Australia in Bangladesh 2006, Bangladesh, Fatullah
Technorati Tags: Bangladesh, Australia
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, May 1st, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Match-fixing wiped out from cricket: ICC »
Next Post: Lara determined to improve West Indies fortunes »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Miandad’s First Assignment
- India’s Reluctance to Tour Pakistan
- Miandad’s Welcome Appointment
- Sidebottom sent for back scan
- ICC fact-finding mission arrives in Zimbabwe
- India tour on schedule - PCB
- South Africa must show aggressive intent
- No change to England dates - Modi
- Symonds in a great place at the moment - Clarke
- BCCI wants Test dates changed for Champions League