Australia captain Ricky Ponting has insisted Glenn McGrath won’t be worried if Kevin Pietersen goes down the pitch against him in the World Cup Super Eights clash here on Sunday (today).
However, McGrath had the last laugh when he broke Pietersen’s ribs in Melbourne during a one-dayer in January.
Asked if he would be happy with a similar result on Sunday, Ponting replied: “It would be nice,” before adding hastily: “No, look if we can have a result where he doesn’t make many runs in the game, I’d be happy with that.”
He added: “I think Kevin had a bit to say when he first arrived here about how he didn’t think Glenn was quick enough to even break his ribs. So Glenn will test him them out again on Sunday.”
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, April 9th, 2007 and is filed under Cricket.
Previous Post: England on razor’s edge against Australia »
Next Post: Symbolic heart of Australia’s streamrolling agenda »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- South Africa Disappoints PCB
- Former umpire Col Egar dies at 80
- 2009 Champions League scheduled for September-October
- Ranatunga insists Sri Lanka will tour England
- Arthur concerned over fatigue and Kolpaks
- ICC set to move World Cup Qualifiers
- Disciplinary issues won’t affect Symonds’ selection
- Greg Chappell accepts Australian Academy post
- Smith won’t return until he’s 100% ready
- Walters calls for Symonds to clean up his act