Spinner Muttiah Muralitharan says Sri Lanka will be up for the challenge whoever they face in the World Cup final.
Murali took four for 31 as Sri Lanka beat New Zealand by 81 runs here in Kingston to book their place in the final, where they will meet either Australia or South Africa.
“Both of those sides are different sides and it’s a different pitch,” Muralitharan said. “We’ll need to do different things well. So we’ll wait and see who is in the final and hopefully we’ll be ready for them,” he added.
Murali admitted that he has been tinkering with his bowling plans, with great results as he narrowly missed out on a first World Cup five-wicket haul.
“I’m bowling really well around the wicket a lot at the moment and that’s a new tactic that can help me,” he added.
“It seems that when you can’t see which way the ball is going it’s harder. So hopefully that helps me in the future and I’ll take more wickets. People are getting ready for the spin, so if I bowl the `doosra’ I might get a top edge,” he explained.
Source:The NewsMore on:Aussies, Australia, Murali, South Africa, World Cup
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, April 26th, 2007 and is filed under Cricket, Cricket Stars, World Cup.
Previous Post: Inzamam unlikely to retain Test spot »
Next Post: World Cup : Australia vs South Africa Semi Final Review »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- ICC World Cup 2007 - England Averages
- Sri Lanka World Cup averages
- Malik targets next World Cup
- Hayden and Gilchrist not finished yet
- Just going crazy buying up food
- We will place emphasis on young blood: New selector Saleem Jaffar
- Gayle slips in ODI batting rankings
- Sarwan handed West Indies captaincy
- World Cup : Australia vs Srilanka Final Review
- Former fast bowler Dick Motz dies