Pakistan’s Mohammad Asif was the leading wicket-taker for his side during the recently concluded series against South Africa with 19 wickets. This broke the previous record of 16 wickets by Waqar Younis as the most by any Pakistani bowler in a series against South Africa. Waqar took 16 wickets in three Tests in the 1997-98 series held in South Africa. Mean while Danish Kaneria also bettered Mushtaq Ahmed’s record of most wickets by a Pakistani spinner against the same opposition. The accompanying table has the details.
More on:Mohammad Asif, Pakistan, Waqar Younis
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comment (1) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, January 31st, 2007 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: McGrath joins the party »
Next Post: A high-voltage clash on the cards »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Twenty20 called off a day early
- Clarke warns Pietersen over Ashes talk
- India’s batting under scrutiny again
- Asif’s B sample tests positive
- ICC gives all clear but fears remain
- Players will trust security advice - Gilchrist
- ECB to take decision on participation on Tuesday
- Ashraf resigns as PCB chairman
- Rain the winner after Hamilton’s grit
- Remorseless Sri Lanka thrash India