[tag]Pakistan[/tag] started fourth day of the last test match with 511 runs on board and 5 wickets down. The game plan was to bat for 1 and half hour and then give batting to India. Faisal Iqbal was the first man to go down, he made 139 runs on 220 balls. Abdur Razzak made 90 on 141 balls.
India got 607 to win the match. Although it was an uphill task and no team has yet scored so many runs in the last innings of a test match but Indians were expected to bat through the last day. However, things started to look bleak from indians when Dravid was out by Shoaib [tag]Akhtar[/tag]. After that wickets started to fall in regular intervals. Only resistance came from Yuvraj Singh who made 122.
Pakistan won the match by 341 runs, winning the test series 1-0. During the match Pakistan crossed another milestone in history of cricket when the top 7 bastmen scored 50+ runs each.
Share on Twitter | StumbleUpon | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Wednesday, February 1st, 2006 and is filed under Cricket.
Previous Post: ICC investigates allegations of racism »
Next Post: Chappell ignites Shoaib action debate »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- South Africa cruise to Five-wicket victory
- Out-of-form England face tough opener
- Pakistan hold nerve in low-scoring brawl
- Pakistan favourites in mismatch
- Younis ruled out of opening match
- Sri Lanka drub South Africa in rain-hit game
- Tough times will help Ishant improve - Srinath
- Flintoff nearly quit during Ashes tour
- Captains bet on ODI revival
- Nearly men kick off nearly tournament