Australia won back the Ashes with a 206 runs victory in the 3rd test at WACA, Perth. Shane Warne claimed the final wicket, leaving him on 699 Test scalps, as Kevin Pietersen was left stranded on 60.
“Every second of our hard work over the past 14 months has been worth it,” said an emotional Matthew Hayden, while the elated captain, Ricky Ponting, said: “We’ve had a long time to think about it, we worked harder than ever before and all that work has come through in our play but we have turned it around and played some unbelievable cricket.”
A recent poll on CricketViewer suggested Australia as the winner of Ashes 2006. More than 84% voters thought Australia will regain the Ashes while 11% were in favour of England and 4% opted for a draw.More on:Ashes, Australia, england, Poll
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, December 18th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Sreesanth strikes again as India move towards victory »
Next Post: Inzamam to lead Pakistan in World Cup »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Frustrated Watson Lashes Out
- England Remain Unchanged
- Dhoni Leads From the Front
- ODI Tons In 60 Deliveries Or Less
- Mercurial Pakistan continue to confound
- Younis special overpowers India
- Gillani Supports Dr. Nasim
- Lifeline for Afridi and Shoaib
- Unsure Malik lacks authority
- Issue is cricket, not politics - Mali