Australia won back the Ashes with a 206 runs victory in the 3rd test at WACA, Perth. Shane Warne claimed the final wicket, leaving him on 699 Test scalps, as Kevin Pietersen was left stranded on 60.
“Every second of our hard work over the past 14 months has been worth it,” said an emotional Matthew Hayden, while the elated captain, Ricky Ponting, said: “We’ve had a long time to think about it, we worked harder than ever before and all that work has come through in our play but we have turned it around and played some unbelievable cricket.”
A recent poll on CricketViewer suggested Australia as the winner of Ashes 2006. More than 84% voters thought Australia will regain the Ashes while 11% were in favour of England and 4% opted for a draw.More on:Ashes, Australia, england, Poll
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, December 18th, 2006 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Sreesanth strikes again as India move towards victory »
Next Post: Inzamam to lead Pakistan in World Cup »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Rajasthan players to stay on in India
- Magical Mishra bowls Delhi to victory
- McCullum bravado takes sheen off England’s day
- Shoaib Akhtar’s 36 Syringes
- Championship under threat from Twenty20 explosion
- Bangalore’s match in Jaipur to go ahead as scheduled
- Sizzling Jayasuriya pounds Chennai
- BCCI bans Harbhajan for five ODIs
- Angry Danish Kaneria
- Rajasthan stars consider going home after bomb blasts