At last after so long a wiat, England has finally got a leg-spinner prospect in the form of Adil Rashid. Yorkshire player Adil is being so precious for them that they don’t want to expose him too early and he is being trained and coached by Warne’s mentor Terry Jenner.
The insiders at the English country say that Adil Rashid is even better than Warne and Anil Kumble and his leg spin would snatch English glory back and he would be detrimental to Australia in the Ashes.
Adil Rashid who is Bradford-born with Pakistani origin has already shown his mettle in 2006 when he scored 114 and took 8-157 for England Under-19s against India.
“Adil is a very talented young player but needs more county cricket before he will be ready for international cricket. He needs to be left to play his cricket. The problem is that because we are so desperate in this country to get a leg-spinner playing, when a youngster like Adil comes along we can’t wait for it to happen. But he needs to be able to develop at his own pace.” Yorkshire coach Martyn Moxon told Reuters.
One also wishes that Pakistan also soon produces some leg spinner or off spinner.More on:Adil Rashid, Ashes, Australia, england, India, Pakistan, shane warne, Terry Jenner, Yorkshire
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, May 10th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Flintoff hoping for Lord’s call-up »
Next Post: Balaji’s five-for sinks Kings XI Punjab »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Gillespie and Patel bowl New Zealand A to victory
- Symonds fishy behaviour upsets Warne
- Australia on track for India tour
- Unsupportive structure led to decision to quit - Bashar
- India Asks Pakistan’s Help for Aussie Tour
- Lucky to get a central contract - Vaughan
- Efforts on to salvage Champions Trophy
- BCB receives retirement letters from six players
- Australia wary after New Delhi terrorist attacks
- Pakistan invite West Indies for Tests in November