Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU)’s officials faces would be worth watching, when they will go back and tell International Cricket Council that they at least cannot touch Shoaib Akhtar right now, as he was approached by the match fixers when ACSU was not established. This also must have given convulsions to the Dr. Nasim Ashraf, the chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board.
Shoaib Akhtar is a maverick and a psycho but he is interesting as he creates ripples with his tongue. In a television talk show he said that he was approached by bookies in India and South Africa to under perform in the matches, but he refused because he loves his country and game and couldnt for the life of him betray the country.
The ACSU official Alan Peacock became ashen when Shoaib Akhtar told him that the incident happend 10 years ago. What a waste of time and money on the behalf of ICC, which acted unnaturally fast to drag Pakistani players.More on:ACSU, Dr. Nasim Ashraf, icc, Shoaib Akhtar
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Saturday, April 12th, 2008 and is filed under General.
Previous Post: Khaleel helps India to beat ICL Pakistanis »
Next Post: Sri Lanka need to forget near-miss »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- Zimbabwe board investigates Taibu row
- Vettori expects nothing less than victory
- Yuvraj and Jaffer shine in draw
- Either Krejza or White will debut - Ponting
- Michael Vaughan takes up media role
- Hong Kong beat Italy in clash of favourites
- Sri Lanka eye tournament as preparation for World Twenty20
- Ashes more important than Stanford - Harmison
- Cameron White named as McGain’s replacement
- Mushtaq for ICL-IPL playoff